Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

Gift Box

Hello fellow crafters, today I would love to share with you this cute little gift box. This would make an ideal name place on your festive table, especially when it has some hidden treasures in it for your dinner guests.



I started of with an A4 piece of card stock and drew up the outline of the box, then  cut,  score and fold your little box as per the following instructions and proceeded to decorate.



I then cut out two rectangular pieces of card slightly smaller than the large rectangles of the box. With these I first applied a layer of "Paper Artsy Snow white Fresco chalk paint" then I sprayed both pieces of card with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains using the following colours. After this was dry I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad "Black Soot"






With some scrap cardstock and using some more lovely Paper Artsy Fresco paints, I stippled on a mixture of  Guacamole and Cheesecake, let these dry then dry stippled on some Cherry red
I then stamped the on the stippled paper using the new Hot Picks stamp set HPXM06EZ. I cut out this stamped piece using one of my Spell Binder dies. 


 
 



To personalize my little box I printed out a computer generated  name, using stippled card stock, then cut this out again using one of my Spell Binder dies and mounted it on a piece of black card stock in the same shape as the name tag.

 


 Using the  Eclectica stamp set ELB10 I stamped out a bauble and the holly branch, coloured them using some Faber Castell Pitt pens from my own stash. One the sides of my little box I stamped out the little Christmas tree from the Eclectica stamp set ELB10.




Using a hole punch I punched 8 holes in the marked area (use your template for this.)

I then assembled all the pieces together, added a little piece of Christmas ribbon from my own stash. I also went over different bits of my embellishments with Kindy glitz to add some sparkle.




 It is now time to join the side and the bottom of the little box. I used the extra strong red tape for this but you can use liquid glue if you choose.


I carefully pinched in the sides of the box at the top to form a partial valley fold, threaded some ribbon through the holes, then tied in a bow.







Now for the lovely pleasure of making another 18 little boxes to use on our Christmas table. I am going to fill my boxes with some Christmas candies.

I hope you enjoy making this little gift box. It is also an ideal project for your children / grandchildren  get involved in.

Happy Crafting
Cheers
Anne






Products used from Crafters Cupboard were:
Paper Artsy Fresco Paints
Hot Picks stamp set HPXM06EZ
Eclectica stamp set ELB10
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains


Crafters Cupboard web link is  www.crafterscupboard.com.au/   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog