Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Some days..........

Hi crafters it is Naomi here with a fun journal page to share with you all.


I had a lot of fun doing this page and here is a step by step of how it came together.

I started out by creating a background using Inky Pool, Bora Bora, Dusty Teal, Mermaid, Limelight and Nougat Fresco Finish paints with a brayer and layering the colours until I was happy with the finish. I then used a couple of the stamps from Ellen Vargo collections to create some texture and interest on the background.


I then set this aside while I worked on the focal image which is from the Dylusions Curious Corin set. I stamped out the main image onto book paper which I had adhered to card stock with gel medium to give it a bit more stability. I then gave the whole thing I light coat of gesso and once this was dry I used my Inktense pencils to colour the image and then cut out.



This was then adhered to the background piece and I attached another mask piece over the eyes which I had blacked out. I then used my black and white paint pens to add a border around the piece.


I used my computer to print out the phrase and then cut it into smaller pieces and adhered to the page using matte medium and then outlined the words with a black big brush pen to help them pop off the page. The last thing was to add the date in the bottom corner.


 Here is a list of the products I used:
Arches 140lb water colour paper
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish chalk paints - Inky Pool, Bora Bora, Dusty Teal, Mermaid, Nougat
PaperArtsy Eclectica3 - EEV05, EEV06
Dylusions - Curious Corin
Derwent Inktense pencils
Faber Castell black big brush pen
Sharpie white paint pen

I hope you all have a great week

Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog