Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Scrapbooking Christmas Events


Today we have a Design Team project from Holly - there's always so much fun in the build up to Christmas and these little moments are so worth capturing and scrapping.

And here's Holly with her 'how to' guide on scrapping these great photos ......



My friends little girl just looked gorgeous in her pink gum boots and dress helping her daddy get their Christmas tree I had to scrap the photos.





Product list:

Bo Bunny Little Miss paper range : Little Miss Allie & Little Miss Jamayka
Strips of calico fabric
Thin chipboard
Selection of buttons and scraps of ribbon
Kaisercraft chipboard letters
Treasure Pewter
Dylusion spray in Dirty Martini
Tim holtz alterations bigz die Elegant Flourishes



I started by cutting thin strips of calico fabric and folding them in half . Using 450 glue I glued along the cut edge. 

I then made small snips with scissors all the way along the folded edge as shown in the photo. 





I cut a large triangular tree shape out of chipboard and then glued the strips down to the chipboard. Once completely dry I used my fingers to rub the cut edges quite roughly until the material frayed and it began to look like a bushy Christmas tree! 




I then sprayed the whole tree using dylusions spray in Dirty Martini, glued some buttons on the tree as Christmas decorations and used treasure gold in the pewter colour to make the decorations sparkle.


The Christmas presents were made from circles of patterned paper from the lovely Little Miss paper range from Bo Bunny. I folded the edges to create a dimensional present effect and then tied pretty ribbon round each present.


I double mounted my base paper using the same range of papers and also mounted my photos to tie all the colours in.


The chipboard letters were also sprayed with the dylusions ink spay and the edged with the pewter silver and the flourish was cut using the big shot and coloured with the treasure pewter.



I love this page as I always automatically think that Christmas scrap pages should be in red and green - this page shows I can always think pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog